Exhibit Hall Policy
- All outstanding general rules of the convention are still applicable while attendees are in the Exhibit Hall except where modified or expanded below. No rules are repealed.
- Shoplifting, or attempted shoplifting, of any merchandise or personal property will not be tolerated. Offenders may be permanently banned from all current and future ESSI events. We also reserve the right to share your name with other conventions in an informal warning system, and the victims of the crime will have the opportunity to prosecute offenders.
- No photography is to take place within the Exhibit Hall, in the doorway area of the Exhibit Hall, or anywhere within six feet of the Exhibit Hall doors. Violators will be politely asked to leave the area. Those who do not comply will be escorted out of, and away from, the Exhibit hall for the benefit of all other attendees. This is to ensure easy access for attendees and staff, and to ensure that emergency exits are maintained.
- Obstructions, as defined in the NekoCon Weapons Policy, even if allowed into the convention as a whole, will not be allowed into the Exhibit Hall. Further, any attendee with an oversized prop or costume that limits the wearer’s mobility in such a way as to keep them from freely flowing with standard tight-fitting foot traffic shall not enter the Exhibit Hall. This will include, but not be limited to, any costume with protrusions (especially sharp ones) of more than four inches, six or more inches thick foam or other material throughout, headpieces of more than thrice human normal size, feet more than two thrice a standard human’s, extensions mounted to the back that are more than six inches wider than the person wearing them, or other similar defining factors. Final verdict is in the hands of the Exhibit Hall staff or their superiors.
- Outside bags, backpacks, and storage devices (such as fanny packs and other bags of comparable size) are allowed. However, they must be a size that is standard for their nature. Please keep in mind that in the close press of bodies, it will be impossible for Exhibit Hall staff to help you keep an eye on your backpack or fanny pack at all times, and Nekocon cannot be held accountable for any theft that takes place. The various bags issued by our dealers shall not be allowed to re-enter the Exhibit Hall. Please take these bags and their contents to your hotel room, vehicle, or other storage arrangement as soon as you are finished shopping in the Exhibit Hall.
- No props, bags of any nature, parts of costumes, trash, or any other items shall be left unattended inside of, or within the vicinity of, the Exhibit Hall. At no point will these items be considered “held,” or “reserved.” They will be treated as Lost and Found or trash as the Staff deems necessary to keep the convention center clean. Cleaning staff will do the same as they see fit, often with their own separate Lost and Found. At no time will any Staff member be held responsible for any abandoned items, even if they interacted with said item after abandonment.
- As outlined in the NekoCon Weapons Policy, certain items can be purchased within the Exhibit Hall that can be carried within the convention center under our rules and policies. When these items are purchased from the Exhibit Hall, attendees are to leave the Exhibit Hall before removing and properly disposing of any and all packaging materials, or putting those materials in your hotel room, vehicle, or other storage arrangement. Purchased items from the Exhibit Hall, may return to the Exhibit Hall once they are removed from all packaging outside of the Exhibit Hall, are in compliance with all other rules and policies (including peace bonding any weapons), and the items are not inside a dealer issued bag. Anyone opening a product within the confines of the Exhibit Hall will be escorted out of the Exhibit Hall.
- The NekoCon and Convention Center Staff both reserve the right to deny entry to the Exhibit Hall at any time, for any reason, without having to provide said reason. Disputes with Exhibit Hall staff regarding this rule this or any other rule can be taken up with the Department Head of Exhibit Hall, the Division Heads of Finance, or the Nekocon Convention Chairperson, in that order. Convention Center staff can only direct complaints to Nekocon Staff on your behalf, and should be allowed to run the Convention Center itself.
Copyright © 2011-2021 Event Support Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved. NekoCon™ is owned and operated by Event Support Solutions, Inc. NekoCon™, its mascots, and art are trademarks of Event Support Solutions, Inc. and used by NekoCon™ under license.